In order to take advantage of the latest SSL security features, we have had to upgrade the version of Java and the underlying operating system. (Java 7 to 8 and Debian 7 to 8).
The only method you can use to move to 1.4-RG from 1.2 is to migrate your existing configuration to a new deployment of 1.4-RG via the Backup and Restore functionality to take advantage of the updates to the operating system and other backend associated packages.
This article contains instructions on how to perform this migration process. Please ensure your Access Manager instance is backed up or has a VM snapshot before performing the below.
Migrating from 1.2-RG10 to 1.4
- Your existing Access Manager system should be on version 1.2-RG10. If it is not upgrade to this first, this are the final 1.2 release.
- A new Access Manager 1.4 system should be deployed with the installation wizard completed in order to have access to the Backup and Restore functionality in the web interface.
- Obtain a copy of your Access Manager license for application to the new system, this can be obtained from your account on our website, or by contacting our support team at email@example.com
Note: If you are using a VX or Free license these are restricted to the system serial number and you would be unable to apply your existing license to the new server. In this event please contact the Sales email address and state that you are migrating your installation to a new 1.4 system and provide the serial number of the new system, we will be able to arrange a new license with the new serial number for you.
- Access to VM console shell or direct SSH on the 1.4 system.
- It is not possible to transfer the SSL Certificate in the migration process, you will need to either upload this to the new server manually or you can contact the support team who can perform a transfer through the support tunnel, please complete the process below before contacting the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On your existing Access Manager system connect to the admin interface and go to Configuration > System > Backup and select the Backup Now option.
- The web browser will begin to download the backup file, either automatically to your default location or prompting you to select a location, based on your web browser settings.
- With the backup file downloaded you can now go to the new 1.4 system. First your license needs to be applied to the server to enabled the Restore functionality. Go to Configuration > License and upload your license file, this will take effect as soon as you save.
- Go to Configuration > System > Backup and the Restore options will now be available, select the Choose File button and then locate and choose the backup file and then select the Restore option.
- The system will prompt that a service restart is required, at this point you should Reboot the Nervepoint Access Manager System.
- Connect to the server again and login with the admin account what was configured on your original system. The license will have been removed in the restore process so you will be taken directly to the License page, reapply the license again and the system will automatically reinstate itself to normal operation, now using the data from the original system.